3/3/12

Listen: Arcade Fire - "Abraham's Daughter"

I can't seem to wrap my head around the idea of Arcade Fire lending their music to the soundtrack of the upcoming Hunger Games, yet here it is. The indie-rock giants have streamed one of the two tracks in "Abraham's Daughter", a climbing epic led by co-lead singer Regine Chassagne. In an interview with Entertainment Weekly, Win Butler had this to say about their soundtrack feature:
“I tried to put myself in the headspace of how excited I’d be if this film was coming out when I was 15. I still remember hearing Radiohead’s ‘Exit Music (for a Film)’ in [Baz Luhrmann's] Romeo + Juliet when I was that age. Our whole approach was to get into the world and try to create something that serves the story and the film. There’s something in the story of Abraham and Isaac that I think resonates with the themes in the film, like sacrificing children. So we made a weird, alternate-universe version of that, where it’s as if Abraham had a daughter — kind of a metaphor for [Hunger Games character] Katniss.”
"The Hunger Games" can be seen in theaters March 23rd. You can stream "Abraham's Daughter" here.